Getting Ready for Sunday | 3/4/12
"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (Colossians 3:17) We all ought to worship God daily in all that we do. But there is something special about the people of God coming TOGETHER for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). Thus, we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. In an effort to help you get more out of it, we're posting a short preview of this Sunday's gathering.
If you'd like to be familiar with this week's text read Genesis 18:1-15 and Genesis 21:1-7. To hear more of our Living in the Gap series' sermons and to download study/discussion guides CLICK HERE.
Here are the songs we'll be singing together:
- God of Wonders (This is sort of a modern day classic from the 2000 complicationalbum City on a Hill.)
- Hallelujah! What a Savior (This is a video from a live performance by the band Ascend the Hill @ Relevant Magazine. You can CLICK HERE to get their whole hymns album for free. You may recognize the chorus from Leonard Cohen's song Hallelujah most famously done by Jeff Buckley. And done by Rufus Wainwright for Shrek.)
- All Things New (Andrew Peterson's song calls us to awake to the reality of the gospel's power in our lives. Powerful song to proclaim God's truth together.)
- Be Still My Soul (This is a beautiful version from Bifrost Arts' Come, O Spirit.)
- Great is Thy Faithfulness (Classic.)
- Let Us Love and Sing and Wonder (Click here and listen to track #11.)
See you Sunday for our worship gathering! Bring some friends!
More in Blog
February 21, 2019New Sermon Series | The Big Story: Redemption
February 14, 2019Getting Ready for Sunday, February 24th 2019
January 30, 2019Readings and Prayers for the Week of January 28th, 2019