Getting Ready for Sunday | 2/19/12
We all ought to worship, give glory and honor to God, everyday in all that we do. But there is something special about the people of God coming TOGETHER for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). Thus, we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. In an effort to help you get more out of it, we're posting a short preview of this Sunday's gathering.
Check out Genesis 16:1-16. This is the text that we'll be using Sunday. This is some dark, heavy stuff this week that exposes what harshness and troublemaking we're capable of. But God is right there in the midst of the mess. You can access previous sermons and download study/discussion guides if you CLICK HERE.
The songs we'll sing together this week are:
- Come Away From Rush and Hurry (Very rough demo of this song. Old tune [called Nettleton used with Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing] with new lyrics.)
- Dearly We're Bought (A rollicking, retuned hymn from Red Mountain Music's The Gadsby Project. Red Mountain created this project from the Gadsby Hymnal from the early 19th century, dusting off forgotten lyrics and putting them to new tunes.)
- Everlasting God (A newer song that's based off of Isaiah 40:28-31, inviting us to come and wait upon the Lord. Everlating God has been recorded by Chris Tomlin, Lincoln Brewster, and others.)
- Beloved (From the second enter the worship circle album. This will only be our second time with this song in our worship gathering so learn it and sing out!)
- I Will Sing (this beautiful little song is by Matt Boswell, worship leader and songwriter from Ft. Worth, TX. You can follow him on twitter here. We did his version of What Wondrous Love is This a couple weeks ago.)
- Lead On, O King Eternal (Only a sample...Check out lyrics here. From Indebible Grace IV.)
Beyond Sunday, this week we'll gather for worship on Ash Wednesday, 7pm on February 22nd at the Red TreeGallery, 3210 Madison Rd., Oakley, 45209. Children are more than welcome to be in attendance but there will not be formal childcare. RSVP on the Facebook event page and share it in your timeline (click the "share" link on the left side of the page).
It's not too late to get in on Porterbrook, launching at the end of the month. CLICK HERE to learn more and register online.
Sunday's a-comin! Come prepared to celebrate Christ together!
More in Blog
May 9, 2019Introducing the Church Center App!
May 9, 2019We'd like to offcially welcome Abby Murrish & Shelby Simons to the New City Staff team!
April 29, 2019The Big Story: Restoration