Getting Ready for Sunday | 2/12/12
We all ought to worship, give glory and honor to God, everyday in all that we do. But there is something special about the people of God coming TOGETHER for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). Thus, we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. In an effort to help you get more out of it, we're posting a short preview of this Sunday's gathering.
Our text for this Sunday is Genesis 15:1-21. Take a few minutes to read the passage in preparation. The sermon will explore the tension between faith and doubt as God promises Abraham what seems laughable, impossible. To catch up on previous sermons and to download study/discussion guides CLICK HERE.
The songs we'll sing together this week are:
- Come See the Son (Free download! Add this one to your iPod!)
- Immortal, Invisible God Only Wise (this is a version by some independent artists on bandcamp and you can click here for the lyrics & a demo from Indelible Grace)
- Holy is The Lord (from Isaiah 6:3 by Chris Tomlin, click here to listen to the song story.)
- Jesus the Lord My Savior Is (by Sandra McCracken, a retuned William Gadsby hymn)
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross (1707 hymn, Isaac Watts' lyrics with a recent chorus added in by Chris Tomlin for good measure)
- Faithful One (by Randall Goodgame off of the Midtown Project album. And as an aside...parents...if you are looking for amusing, tolerable kids' music, check out Goodgame's & Andrew Peterson's project Slugs & Bugs. Our children adore the Christmas EP.)
And hey...if you haven't yet checked out Porterbrook launching at the end of the month, CLICK HERE to learn more and register online.
Can't wait to see you for our worship gathering Sunday! Bring a friend with you!
More in News
May 24, 2023Pastor Josh's Sabbatical Begins May 28
January 27, 2023Congregational Meeting Recap
October 21, 2022Making Room: New Series, New Initiative