Here are some of the ways to serve through New City.
Serve the City
We are committed to approaching our neighborhood as learners, meaning that we want to be intentional about getting to know our community and its people before we initiate any new efforts. That said, we also want to learn by partnering with churches and organizations that already have great things going on in our part of town.
- Whiz Kids | Tutoring and mentoring program at Norwood schools and other schools around the area. Contact: Mike Murrish.
- Sharpsburg Elementary | New City seeks to serve the students and teachers of Sharpsburg through lunch programs (called Power Packs through the Freestore Foodbank), clothing drives and much more. Contact: Daniel Kersey.
- English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) |New City ESOL ministry provide English classes in three different levels (beginner, intermediate, and advance) to immigrants, students, and refugees in Cincinnati. Classes meet on Monday evenings for two hours, with a snack break in the middle. Students also meet individually with language partners from the church to practice their English, as well as participate in various special events throughout the semester. Contact: Ryan Zhang
- Norwood Food Pantry | Norwood Food Pantry serves the hungry within our own neighborhood. They currently need volunteers for weekday mornings to help with delivery and sorting. Contact: Josh Chernesky
- Citylink Center | A single stop for individuals seeking to break out of the cycle of poverty by providing job training, mentoring, and childcare. City Link has diverse volunteer needs including childcare to autocare, tutoring to teaching, counseling to resume reviews. Contact: Nate Dill or Mark McEwan
- Special Events/Hospitality | Imagine the party planning committee from the Office. It's like that but better. Contact: Amy Samad
- Flying Pig Hydration Station | New City is serving the runners of our city by staffing a hydration station at mile 10 of the Flying Pig Marathon on the first Sunday in May right in one of our neighborhoods, a block from Hyde Park Square. Contact: Matthew Jumper
- The Christmas Store | The Christmas Store is a cooperative ministry with New Life Temple that provides new gifts at reduced prices for low income families. Contact: Ryan Zhang
- Celebrate Recovery | Celebrate Recovery is a national program with a chapter in nearby Madisonville through New Life Temple. Those who are struggling with addiction receive support through Biblical counseling and a balanced approach. Contact: Ryan Zhang
- Urban Young Life | A high school ministry that seeks to build lasting friendships with teens in urban Cincinnati schools through their Young Life Leaders. The Urban Young Life team of leaders currently meets at the church building on Friday evenings. Contact: James Bonar
- Jobs Plus | Jobs Plus serves as an HR Department for those in need of a job. It works with more than 40 area companies as it prepares clients through a Christian based readiness program. Contact: Mark McEwan
If you are looking to get involved in any of our Outreach Opportunities, please contact us.
Serve on Sundays
We have numerous opportunities to serve on Sundays at New City. Regulars at New City take turns serving staffing our New City Kids ministry. In addition, we are looking for people to join teams to serve in the areas listed below. Please contact the ministry leader below to find out more.
- New City Kids | Join our ever expanding ministry to our kids at New City. We love that pretty much everyone pitches in to help these kids come to know and love Jesus, whether they have kids of their own or not. We always need more teachers who can care for our kids! Contact New City Kids Administrator Jenni Goodnight.
- Greeting | Hospitality / community is extremely important to us at New City and our greeters are the front line in helping folks arrive and get acclimated. Greeters welcome everyone on Sunday morning, hand out bulletins, and help with ushering during the giving time. Contact Amy Samad.
- Hosptitality Team | We consume copious amounts of coffee @ New City and our hospitality crew keeps us well caffeinated. They brew coffee and welcome guests in the area of the building we call the Commons.Contact Amy Samad.
- Sound | Join a team that runs sound during our worship service, making the band and the preacher sound good. Training provided.Contact: Matthew Jumper
- Keynote | Join a team that runs Keynote during our worship service allowing folks to follow along with prayers, songs, sermon, etc. Training provided. Contact: Amy Samad
- Music | Use your gifts as a part of our music team. We love including more musicians. Click here to fill out an application and get started! Contact: Brian Ferry