New Series: Gospel DNA
There are some beliefs that are, well, simply beliefs. They’re positions we hold about the different issues we’re asked to form opinions on, such as whether Cincinnati is the best city in the world, or whether dogs or cats make better pets.
But there are other beliefs that we hold that are so central and so foundational in our lives that we call them worldview. Beliefs such as these rest at the center of our lives and they radically impact how we see and respond to the world.
For Christians, the gospel is one such belief.
This fall, our church celebrates its 10th birthday. And as we begin our second decade of ministry in Cincinnati, we're revising the questions that we started with: What does it mean to be a church centered on the gospel? How can we have and maintain a ministry “DNA” that is formed and shaped by the gospel?
We're convinced that the gospel is not something you learn and move on from. Instead, it is something we’re continually shaped and formed by, individually and collectively.
Here's a little teaser of how the series will shake out:
- 09/08 - The Centrality of the Gospel (Galatians 2:11-21)
- 09/15 - Who is God? (John 17:1-6, 20-26)
- 09/22 - What’s Gone Wrong? (Psalm 51)
- 09/29 - Who Is Jesus? (Matthew 11:2-15)
- 10/6 - Why Did Jesus Die? (Isaiah 52:13-53:12)
- 10/13 - How Do We Change? (Ephesians 4:17-24)
- 10/20 - What Does Maturity Look Like? (Galatians 5:16-26)
- 10/27 - Why Are We Here? (Mark 1:14-45)
- 11/3 - Why Can’t We Go It Alone? (Ephesians 2:14-22)
- 11/10 - Why Do We Need the Bible? (Psalm 119)
- 11/17 - How Do We Pray? (Matthew 6:5-15)
- 11/24 - How Do We Serve Cincinnati? (Jeremiah 29:1-14)
We hope you'll join us this fall as we explore these themes. It's a great series to invite friends to attend.
As we gather on Sunday mornings and meet throughout the weeks in community groups, we’ll press into this precious gospel and consider the ways it fashions us as God’s people for His glory, our growth, and the good of our communities.
Many thanks to Mitch Coppoletti for the artwork for this series.
More in Blog
April 1, 2020Utilizing the Church Center App!
March 25, 2020Encouragement and Tips from a New City (Homeschooling) Mom
March 25, 2020Encouragement and Tips from a New City Public School Teacher