Getting Ready for Sunday 09/18/11
There is something special about the people of God coming together for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). Thus, we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. In an effort to help you get more out of it, we're posting a short preview of this Sunday's gathering.
Part 2 this week in our I Am series (click here for past sermons and Study Guides). The teaching will be based on John 8:12-20 ("The Light of the World"). To prepare for worship, read these verses and consider the magnitude of what Jesus claims about himself.
We're excited this week to have Matt Sirasky with us leading worship. Matt is one of the worship leaders at North Cincinnati Community Church (our planting church). It's a treat to have him with us on Sunday. During our gathering, we'll have time to reflect, pray, and respond to God's Word. We'll also be receiving 5 new members into the church this week.
Songs we'll sing include:
- Come Ye Sinners (listen below)
- God of Wonders (listen to a sample from Third Day)
- Let Us Love and Sing and Wonder (listen to a sample from Jars of Clay)
- Jesus, I Am Resting (listen below)
- You Are the Light - based on an old Charles Wesley hymn (listen below)
- All Must Be Well (listen: track 10 on Wake Thy Slumbering Children)
More in Blog
April 1, 2020Utilizing the Church Center App!
March 25, 2020Encouragement and Tips from a New City (Homeschooling) Mom
March 25, 2020Encouragement and Tips from a New City Public School Teacher