Getting Ready for Sunday | 3/18/12
Giving honor to God. We worship, individually, in word and deed. But there is something special about the people of God coming TOGETHER for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). Thus, we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. Here is some stuff to help you prepare for our corporate worship Sunday.
Genesis 19:1-29 is this week's sermon text and Dave Dupee with be preaching. You can access more of our Living in the Gap series' sermons and download study/discussion guides just CLICK HERE.
As a part of the worship gathering we'll have a time for the "Prayers of the People" where we'll open up our prayer time for all who would like to to pray to do so. We ask that you pray loud enough so that others can hear you and succinctly enough that others may have the opportunity to pray as well. We'll end our prayer time with St. Patrick's Prayer, aka. the Breastplate of St. Patrick prayed outloud together.
We'll call ourselves to worship with Psalm 149. And these are the songs we'll be singing together:
- Come See the Son (Get this free download and add it to your iPod!)
- Dearly We're Bought (This rocking retuned hymn comes from Red Mountain Music's The Gadsby Project. Red Mountain created this project out lyrics from the Gadsby Hymnal from the early 19th century, dusting off forgotten lyrics and putting them to new tunes.)
- Be Thou My Vision (We're singing this beautiful, rich, Celtic tuned hymn particularly in light of St. Patrick's Day.)
- You Have Redeemed My Soul (This song comes from Enter the Worship
Circle, the First Circle album featuring Don & Lori Chaffer from Waterdeep. We sang this heartily on Ash Wednesday and we'll be singing this week and next as well. CLICK HERE to watch avideo on how to play it.)
- Hallelujah! What a Savior (We've done this great song a few times so far during this season of Lent and will continue to sing it a few more times. You can get the whole album this came for free: CLICK HERE.)
- Let Your Kingdom Come (This song comes from a Puritan prayer and is a great way to send us out with a reminder of God's Kingdom and mission.)
If you didn't see it last week, go get this free Song! CLICK HERE to get the song It is Finished by Matt Papas. We're hoping to celebrate in song with this one during Holy Week. Add it to your playlist and learn it as we journey towards Good Friday and Easter.
Be there Sundays for our worship gatherings! Bring some friends along!
More in Blog
May 9, 2019Introducing the Church Center App!
May 9, 2019We'd like to offcially welcome Abby Murrish & Shelby Simons to the New City Staff team!
April 29, 2019The Big Story: Restoration