Caring for One Another and Neighbors During the Coronavirus
As our city begins to experience the effects of the coronavirus, the New City staff and deacons would like to share some ways we can care for one another and our neighbors.
PROVIDING SUPPORT FOR OUR COMMUNITY
The role of the New City Diaconate is to care for physical needs of our congregation and our neighbors. Under these extraordinary circumstances, we are looking for volunteers to come alongside our deacon team in the work of caring for our congregation. Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Running errands for those who are at risk, quarantined or sick
- Supporting families with childcare needs
- Talking and praying with those who are isolated due to risk factors
- Caring for members of our community whose jobs are particularly demanding at this time, including healthcare workers, social workers, or those in medical research and public health
- Providing support through the Diaconate Fund for those facing financial hardships
If you are able to help with any of the above, please CLICK HERE to complete our volunteer form. If you are specifically able to help with childcare needs, please CLICK HERE to complete our childcare volunteer form.
RECEIVING SUPPORT IN TIMES OF NEED
We realize that this can be a very challenging time for many people in our church family and for our neighbors. Some of you may come under quarantine in the coming weeks. If you or anyone you know would like to receive any assistance outlined above, CLICK HERE to complete our form. If you're specifically in need of childcare, CLICK HERE. Please email Pastor Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The New City deacons also have a process to help people with their bills, rent and other payments in times of crisis. If you or anyone you know can benefit from this type of help, please don’t hesitate to email Pastor Ryan (email@example.com). We are eager to hear from you and ready to help.
CARING FOR OUR NEIGHBORS
Lastly, for every one of us, let's find creative ways to care for our neighbors and for people from a distance. Some ways you might help:
- Check on your neighbors and people who are vulnerable or at risk
- Make a plan for how you can help them if they are quarantined or become sick
- Reach out to those who may feel lonely or isolated
- Let the Diaconate know how we can help you care for your neighbors, including passing on the above forms to them
- Share the church's daily devotions with your friends and neighbors and invite them to worship with us virtually
- Limit close physical contact with people to minimize the spread of the virus
Confident in God’s gracious love for us, we extend mercy, care, and friendship to one another and to our neighbors, and we praise God that He provides for us in all things.
Grace and peace,
New City Deacons and Staff