Getting Ready for Worship | 1/29/12
There is something special about the people of God coming together for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). Thus, we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. In an effort to help you get more out of it, we're posting a short preview of this Sunday's gathering.
This week's message is The Trial of Affluence from Genesis 13.2-18. Take a few minutes to read the text as a family as we continue following Abraham's story in our series, Living in the Gap. CLICK HERE to check out previous sermons and study/discussion guides.
The songs we'll sing together this week are:
- Come and Sing (from Sojourn Music's album Before the Throne)
- Death to Life (from Joe Day's album Grace)
- Death in His Grave (by John Mark McMillan, playing @ the Underground March 9th)
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul (from Indelible Grace, click here for lyrics, etc.)
- Jesus, I Lift My Eyes (Jars of Clay's version from their album Redemption Songs)
- In the Cross of Christ I Glory (by High Street Hymns, from the Hearts and Voices album)
See you Sunday!