Getting Ready for Sunday 10/30/11
There is something special about the people of God coming together for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). Thus, we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. In an effort to help you get more out of it, we're posting a short preview of this Sunday's gathering.
This is the last Sunday in our I Am series (click here for past sermons and Study Guides). The teaching will be based on John 15:1-17 - "The Vine." We're excited to have Chad Grindstaff as our guest speaker this week. Chad is a church planter with North Cincinnati Community Church. He and his wife Erin are working towards planting a new church in the Fairfield Township in the winter of 2012. Before moving to Cincinnati Chad was an assistant pastor at a church in Gainsville, Florida. Chad and Erin both served in campus ministry at the University of Illinois.
Songs this week include:
- Faithful One - (listen). A great new song, calling us to worship based on the faithfulness of God.
- Almighty Comforter - (listen below). We need more songs like this that celebrate the work of the Holy Spirit. Old song, new music.
- His Love Can Never Fail - (listen: track 4 on Beams of Heaven). Based on a great saying of Martin Luther’s “I know not where He leads, but well do I know my Guide.” This hymn rejoices in this truth and in the faithfulness of our God as our true hope.
- Abide With Me - (listen below). "In life, in death, Lord, abide with me."
- Dearly We're Bought - (listen). One of our favorites at New City.
- In Christ Alone - (listen below). A great way to close the "I Am" series, focusing on our hope which is found in the person and work of Jesus Christ alone.