Getting Ready for Sunday 10/23/11
There is something special about the people of God coming together for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). Thus, we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. In an effort to help you get more out of it, we're posting a short preview of this Sunday's gathering.
It's week 7 in our I Am series (click here for past sermons and Study Guides). Josh will be teaching from John 13:36-14:12 - "The Way." In addition to hearing from God's Word, we'll affirm our faith using the words of the first question in the Heidelberg Catechism. Dave Dupee will lead us in prayer, and of course we'll great each other and sing. We hope you'll join us on Sunday. Invite a friend.
Songs this week include:
- Lead On O King Eternal - (track 7 on Beams of Heaven). Based on Jeremiah 10:10. Think of John Piper's words, "Life is war. That's not all it is, but it is always that."
- Wonderful Merciful Savior - simple song of praise celebrating the work of each member of the Trinity.
- Nothing But the Blood - (listen below). Based on Hebrews 9:22, a song about our only hope for the forgiveness of sins.
- For Every Soul In Every Need - (listen below). We like this song because there are not many worship songs that address the importance of the Ascension of Jesus.
- Jesus I My Cross Have Taken - (see below for Kevin Twit's intro to the song, and to listen to the song itself).