Getting Ready for Sunday 09/04/11
There is something special about the people of God coming together for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). Thus, we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. In an effort to help you get more out of it, we're posting a short preview of the upcoming Sunday gathering.
This is an "in between" week in the sense that we finished a series called Origens last week (click here for past sermons and study guides), and will launch into our fall series called "I AM" on Sep 11. So we'll take a week and explore an idea that's inifinitely important and rarely talked about - the Biblical understanding of Friendship. The teaching will be based on several texts from Proverbs and Galatians 6:1-2.
During our gathering, we'll sing, pray, confess our sins together, and celebrate the Lord's Supper. To prepare for Communion, read and reflect on Matthew 26:26-29.
Songs we'll sing this week include:
- Come Away From Rush and Hurry (listen below)
- What a Friend We Have in Jesus (listen to Aretha Franklin sing it; or listen to the bluegrass version from Redeemer Pres in Indianapolis below)
- We Are Listening (listen below)
- Pass Me Not O Gentle Savior (listen)
- Give Reviving (listen)
- My Raptured Soul (listen)