During the month of August, our community groups will shut done so that we can offer a series of great classes we hope you are able to attend.
Breakaway classes will meet the four Sundays in August (7, 14, 21, and 28) from 5:00-6:15pm at Bethlehem Hyde Park UMC (3799 Hyde Park Avenue, 45209). There is no cost for the classes, but registration is required. Click here to register by August 1.
Class offerings include:
- The Reason for God: Learning to have fruitful conversations with those who have doubts about Christianity. Led by Ryan Benhase and Ryan Dennis, this class will use Tim Keller's The Reason for God DVD as a jumping off point for discussion (see DVD trailer below). There will be no homework for the class, but we'll have suggested readings you can follow along with in Keller's book The Reason for God.
- God and Money: How does your faith affect the way you work, spend, save and give? Led by Jess Bennett, this class will explore what the Bible says about money. There will also be practical exercises to help you think about budgeting, giving, saving, and debt. There will be no homework for this class, but there will be some worksheets you can use to apply principles to your own financial situation.
- Community Group Leader Training: Leading groups that help people connect to God, to community and to mission. Led by Josh Reitano, this class is designed by community group leaders for this fall. No texts to purchase, but there might be some light homework to prepare for class discussions.
- New City Kids: Mallory McDaniel will be leading a kids class for kids in pre-K through 3rd grade.
- Childcare will be available for kids 3 and under.