Getting Ready for Sunday | 3/25/12
Giving honor to God is worship. We honor God individually, daily, in word and deed. But there is something special about the people of God gathering TOGETHER for worship (Hebrews 10:24-25). So we hope Sundays at New City are a highlight of your week. Here is some stuff to help you prepare for our worship gathering this Sunday.
Our text this week is Genesis 20 regarding Abraham and Abimelech. catch up with more of our Living in the Gap series' sermons and download study/discussion guides: CLICK HERE.
This week we'll celebrate some folks joining New City as new members.
The songs we'll be singing together include:
- Come and Sing (Come and Sing is a great song to begin our worship gathering. Coming from sojourn music, this song calls us to voice what we love. As the lyrics say, "We MUST sing if our hearts have been changed by our God!")
- In Feast or Fallow (You can read more about this song here.)
- Hallelujah! What a Savior (We've done this great song a few
times so far during this season of Lent and will continue to sing it a few more times. You can get the whole album this came for free: CLICK HERE.)
- Come Thou Everlasting Spirit (Utilizing Charles Wesley lyrics Bruce Benedict has provided a new tune for this great hymn.)
- Come Thou Fount (This is a great version by Sufjan Stevens that inspires us to vocally driven congregational singing.)
- Faithful One (...the Lord is faithful. 2 Thessalonians 3.3)
CLICK HERE to get the song It is Finished by Matt Papas. We're hoping to celebrate in song with this one during Holy Week. Add it to your playlist and learn it as we journey towards Good Friday and Easter.
See you on Sunday. Can't wait!